Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Old friends are the best friends



I feel like I have had a mini vacation from my responsibilities for a few days, because my dear friend Ally and her beautiful new baby Caroline were in town visiting.  I got to hang out with them and enjoy some baby snuggles, and then we went walking, apple picking, and I even had a chance to go for a pedicure with Ally.  Evie was smitten with Caroline, too.  We miss them already!

Other than that, we have been soaking in the glorious Fall.  Lots of Fall activities (and foods) have been keeping us smiling.


Noah enjoys curried butternut squash soup with a straw.  This kid loves all forms of squash!
A heated game of Frozen scrabble
Tennis time
Start 'em early!

Multi-tasking - running and drinking

Noah LOVES the park right now!
Another cold strikes.  Darn you, school germs!
I'll end with a slightly off-color Evie story from last week.  She has been very into making food for me, so we were sitting there enjoying the lunch she had made on Saturday, and Evie looks at me and says, "Sex, Mommy?"  Matt and I looked at each with a deer-in-the-headlights expression, wondering if we had heard her correctly.  I nervously cleared my throat, and said, "What's that, honey?"  And she repeats, "Sex, Mommy?"  Matt says, "Um, what do you mean, Evie?"  And she goes, "Uhhhhhh.  Seconds!  Do you want seconds?"  Oh - secs, not sex.  PHEW.

Evie preparing lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment