All that has been on my mind, especially over Memorial Day weekend is where I was at this time last year. The answer: super pregnant and impatient. As I sit here writing the blog on Monday night, I know that it was one year ago on Memorial Day that I went to bed, only to be awoken a few hours later by my first contraction with Noah. What a year it has been!
Noah burst into our lives and we have
not slept since then had some of our biggest joys, as well as our biggest challenges since he joined the family. The first thing that comes to mind when I think of Noah is how much he smiles, both at us and at random strangers. It is the picture of joy. Thank goodness for the smiles, because the first few months with Noah were some of the hardest, most frustrating, exhausting times I have ever experienced. Evie was adjusting and having sleep regressions, Matt and I were surviving (barely), and Noah was spitting up everywhere, day and night. We got through the broken leg incident at 7 months old, survived one of the harshest winters in Vermont history and a bout of mastitis, and at 10 months, Noah finally started sleeping through the night. Above all, a beautiful bond has formed between Evie and Noah, and she will do anything to make him happy. She hates to see him cry, and will run to get his favorite toy, or one of her favorites, just to bring that smile back to his face. What she doesn't realize is that it's her presence, not the toys, that make him so happy.

Here are some stats for the baby book:
- He is clapping, waving, rolling, crawling, standing up, and blowing kisses
- Words: "All Done", "Hi", "Ba" (can be bite, bye, or the sound that the sheep makes), "Mama", "Dada", "Ebba" (Evie)
- Typical schedule
- Wake up: 7:30am
- Breakfast (toast, pancake, homemade muffin, etc. and a mini banana)
- Play
- Nap: 9:30-11
- Play, run errands or go for a walk
- Lunch (yogurt, baby food, bites of whatever I'm having, especially meat or pasta)
- Nap: 2:30-4:30
- Play, go outside, get into trouble while Mommy starts dinner
- Dinner (baby food, his own serving of our dinner, or some toast or other finger foods to keep him busy while we eat)
- Bath (some nights)
- Get ready for bed - diaper, PJ's, books, nurse
- Still nursing and eating lots of people food
- Favorites include: pancakes, toast, graham sticks with peanut butter, yogurt, homemade pumpkin or banana muffins, noodles
- 4 teeth
- Nicknames: Noey, Noey-doh, "my little dumpling" (from a Berenstain Bears book), buddy
- Generally good-natured, but also has a temper and can scream REALLY LOUD when he's unhappy
- What makes him smile: people, splashing in the bath or water table, playing with Evie, peek-a-boo, watching Roscoe running crazy laps, singing songs, getting tickled
- What makes him mad: diaper changes, taking away a toy or something he shouldn't have, trimming his fingernails, not sharing your food with him, teething
- Favorite books: Little Blue Truck, Oh Baby!, That's Not My Tractor, That's Not My Panda, Where's Puppy (touch and feel and lift the flap books are his favorites!)
I finally feel that after a year, we are used to having two kids and a dog. We have figured out how to go places as a family of four, how to keep up with laundry, exercise, and keep ourselves fed. And, most importantly, we have remembered how to have fun together! A special thanks to everyone who has helped and encouraged us through the challenging times during the past year.
I will end with a bunch of photos from a busy week and holiday weekend of having fun with family and friends.
 |
| Memorial Day Parade in Essex |
 |
| Noah loves to clutch a lego all day long |
 |
| Evie made breakfast for me, her, and Noah! And it was good! |
 |
| So excited to see Godmother Ally and her adorable baby bump |
 |
| I am so excited for my dear friend Ally to become a mom |
 |
| Vermont City Marathon and King Me |
 |
| I fed my children donuts while thousands of people ran a marathon. At least they were happy! |
 |
| Playing on the playground after the marathon |
 |
| Our first swim at the pool was a little chilly. I wouldn't even go in the water! |
 |
| Trying out some tennis in the neighborhood |
 |
| Baby tennis |
 |
| Log rolling on the green lawn carpet |
 |
| Helping Daddy unload the truck |
 |
| Maple creemees with Mary-Alice |
 |
| Playing peek-a-boo through the back door |
 |
| Our little gardener keeping things watered |
No comments:
Post a Comment