Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Evie turns 4!


Dear Evie,

You were the one who made me a mom when you were born four years ago, and this year we got to celebrate Mother's Day and your birthday on the same day.  I remember the year you were born, when I was still pregnant on Mother's Day and was desperately wishing to hold you in my arms.  This year, I smiled as I chased after you on your bike and wrapped you in as many hugs as you would give me!  Over the past year, you have grown so much, yet the determined, thoughtful, kind, sensitive, observant, sweet essence of who you are remains the same.  You became a big sister, started school, gave up your nap, and gave up your nuk - that's a lot of changes!  Daddy and I couldn't be more proud of you, and we look forward to seeing all the joys that this coming year has in store.

4 years old!

Here are a few things for the "baby book":
Favorite toys: Bitty Baby, Magic Clip princess dolls, play doh, dress up clothes
Sleep schedule: 8:30pm-7:30am, no naps!
Favorite foods: Cinnamon swirl toast, strawberries, apples, pears, yogurt, salmon, chicken tenders, turkey sandwiches, baby carrots, popsicles
Favorite books: Berenstain Bears, Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site
Favorite shows/movies: Frozen, Caillou, Daniel Tiger, Berenstain Bears, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Favorite outdoor activities: bike riding, sidewalk chalk, bubbles, sand/water table, going to the park, gardening, fishing (and worm hunting)
Favorite bedtime songs: Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Go Tell It on the Mountain, Let It Go (Frozen), Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

I love you baby girl,
Mommy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cousins pile-up
Evie's 4th birthday party was a family get-together, because all Evie asked was for her cousins to be here with her to celebrate.  She was so excited for her birthday that she had trouble falling asleep the night before, and was awake at 6:15am on her birthday.  It had a domino effect, because she was overtired and overexcited, which led to a pretty grumpy kid.  Matt and I felt guilty sending Evie for time-out after time-out on her birthday, but fortunately, once her party started, she was able to turn things around.  She wanted a Frozen-themed party, so I did my best to make her a Frozen cake, and she was showered with all kinds of fun Frozen gifts.

Evie's Frozen cake
Frozen play-doh?!???!!!

Matt and I had given Evie a new bike for her birthday earlier in the week (after she discovered it in our not-so-secret hiding spot in the back of the truck), so that has been the biggest hit of all.  She is really confident on it, and insists that I walk on the other side of the road because she wants to do it all by herself.

New bike for the birthday girl
And, it wouldn't be a blog post without a bunch of photos.  Enjoy!


Opening a few gifts as soon as she woke up in the morning

Four years old!!
 
She loved opening gifts

Happy Birthday singing

Noah had a little fun on Aunt Boo Boo and Uncle Corey's Harley.  I'm in trouble when this kid gets older!

Great-grandma Millie and her two youngest great-grandkids (who wouldn't sit still)

It's always so special to have 4 generations celebrating together

Grandpa Zeke...always good for a laugh!

Grandpa Tom
Fat Tire all the way from Colorado was a treat for this mommy


These two words sum up my job as a mom.  Matt and Evie came across these stones when they were foraging for fiddleheads:


Picking fiddleheads

No comments:

Post a Comment