Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Mother's Day do-over

I was feeling a little sorry for myself that I didn't really get to celebrate Mother's Day since we were celebrating Evie's birthday, so I decided that a do-over was in order.  Saturday was the day!  We went to lunch at August First bakery in Burlington, then since everyone was behaving, we walked around Church Street and the Burlington Farmer's Market.  I really miss doing that sort of thing since having kids, because we are typically working around nap times with limited time for browsing.  It was fun, relaxing, and exactly how I hoped to celebrate being a mom.


We also had a lovely date night at Shelburne Museum last week.  It was so nice, and we returned home feeling refreshed and still basking in our child-free glow to find Grandma Karen wearing one of Matt's t-shirts.  We knew that couldn't be good.  It turns out that Noah's drooly teething phase had caused him to have a huge spit-up all over her, him, the rocker, the carpet, etc.  Have I mentioned how lucky we are to have grandmas to watch our kids?!  I spent the next day getting friendly with our steam cleaner.

And did I mention Spring is here?  Here are a few of my favorite sights of Spring!  Flowers, Gin & Tonics, and Strawberry Rhubarb pie!

We had Birdie Lou come and do another round of photos for us last week, and here are a few from the previews.  We always wonder if we're crazy for doing photos so often, between coordinating outfits and trying to get the kids to behave, but then we see the pictures and immediately book our next session because we love them so much.




I don't know if Evie was feeling the stress of such a busy week or what, but she has been pushing the limits and going from one meltdown to the next.  And I'm talking about screaming, stomping, flailing meltdowns that make me worry that the neighbors will complain.  You wonder what may have set her off? For example: she picked the wrong toothbrush to use before bed, she didn't want to get dressed, we told her to stop kicking Noah, she wasn't allowed to crawl underneath the table during dinner...the list goes on.  We don't cave in to her tantrums, but honestly, it feels like nothing we are doing is getting through to her.  Hopefully this phase passes quickly!

Here are a few other random moments from the week:

Like mother like daughter at breakfast time!
Riding in the Lowe's cart together for the first time

Noah's favorite sleeping position

The pool is open!

Evie in her new Anna (from Frozen) dress

Sleepy hound dog
Noah loves to stuff his mouth full of food and then smile at us!

No comments:

Post a Comment