 |
| Snow-capped Mount Mansfield on May 27th! |
Since Memorial Day weekend was a washout (or snow-out in some cases) in Vermont, I'm going to write down a few of Evie's 2-year milestones for this week's blog post. It's the baby book edition of the blog!
 |
| At her 2-year checkup. Last time on the baby scale! |
Weight: 24 lbs. 11oz (24th%)
Height: 36.5 inches (98th%)
Other milestones at 2 Years Old:
Favorite activities: Legos, playing outside, riding her tricycle, sand/water table, play kitchen
Favorite foods: Pasta & meat sauce, soup, chicken, yogurt, milk, Oreos, applesauce
Evie has always had a little stranger anxiety with Dr. Hale (her pediatrician), so we read Berenstain Bears Go to the Doctor many, many times before her appointment, and I think it helped! She didn't cry at all, even when she had to get a toe prick and a shot. What a good girl!
Or maybe it was our promise of cupcakes afterward that helped her to be so brave...
Now that Evelyn is 2, we still aren't sure who she looks like. I see the Zehnacker side in some of her features, but she obviously has Matt's dark hair and eyes. Then when I saw the comparison of Evie and Matt's sister Kristine, I realized there's a big family resemblance! What do you think?
 |
| Me, Evie, and Aunt Kristine |
But come on, she definitely got this attitude from Mommy!
Evelyn has also developed a few new skills around the house to keep mommy and daddy on their toes, like opening the front/back door and letting herself outside, and pulling her stool up to the bathroom sink and turning the water on, then filling up various pots and pans from her play kitchen with water and carrying them around the house.
 |
| She does some helpful things too, like having Roscoe clean out the yogurt containers for recycling! |
We did have a huge milestone last week, which was telling mommy that she had to go poop while she was in the tub, and getting out with enough time to do it on the potty. Yay! I had been bribing her, and I had mentioned that she could have an Oreo and a handful of M&M's if she would do a poop on the potty. She remembered that, and I had to feed my kid all that junk food 15 minutes before bedtime. Whoops! I need to be careful about the promises I make in the future!
This is about as close as we got to having a Memorial Day BBQ with the bad weather this weekend, but it was nice to have some time to relax at home and "play grill" (thank you Ally and Matt!!).
No comments:
Post a Comment