
Well, folks, this week's post might be a little punchy. I was sick all week last week with some sort of awful flu. Who gets the flu in the summer? Me. And to top it off, I had no voice for a week. Let me tell you, that's a pretty important parenting tool that I will not take for granted ever again! Matt has earned whatever fishing trip he wants after dealing with everything last week, from Evelyn's needs to basement contractors (and a flood in our basement!), meals, cleaning, grocery shopping, and laundry. Sorry ladies, he's taken! I just kept laying on the couch feeling miserable and guilty that I couldn't help Matt, trying not to breathe on anyone, and waking up coughing during the night more often than I did when Evie was an infant. But that's enough complaining. What I really want to say is how grateful I am for Matt, for my mom who brought me homemade chicken soup and muffins, and for all our friends and family that were checking in on me. Evelyn was even worried about me and kept saying, "Mommy is a poor baby!"
 |
| Shopping with Daddy...at Lowe's, of course! |
 |
| Having a "taste test" of dinner |
 |
| Having a little "tablet time" relaxing on the couch. She looks like a teenager with her legs crossed like that! |
Fortunately I was feeling better by the weekend, just in time to enjoy the hot weather at the pool, go to the Memorial Day Parade and eat creemees! Unfortunately, Matt is sick now. :-( I am so excited that the pool is open, and Evie loved swimming despite going under water a couple of times. She's not afraid of the cold water either, which I can guarantee comes from her Mommy! I was always the first one in my grandmother's pool each summer when she opened it, despite the temperature.
 |
| Cousin Carly and Aunt Pea were IN the parade this year! |
 |
| Enjoying a G&T when I started to feel better...tonic is really like medicine, right? |
 |
| Maple creemee and popsicles - it was HOT! |
We also have good basement progress to report. Drywall began this week, and our vision for the playroom and office is finally starting to come to life! Hooray!
No comments:
Post a Comment