Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Rain, Rain, Go Away!



It has been a pretty dreary week weather-wise, but we've managed to keep ourselves busy with errands and lunch dates, and we hustled outside as soon as we saw the sun peek out!  Evie is quite the little chatterbox, and is full of questions about everything, especially now that she's forward-facing in her car seat.  To give you an idea of her line of questions on a typical 2-minute drive to the grocery store: "What dat?  Where dat come from?  Mommy and Daddy and Evie and Roscoe live in Essex.  Where Hannaford live?  What dat noise?  Dat sound like a lawnmower.  What mommy and daddy talking about?  It raining!  Mommy need to use the wipers.  Mommy stop coughing and coughing and coughing!  No singing Mommy!  I need to listen to church music."  I actually enjoy the nonstop conversation with Evie, but it can get exhausting to explain every step of our day!  Fortunately, with all her chatting, she's also learning some manners, and we're getting more  "Please may I have..." and "Sanks Mommy" (Thanks, Mommy).  We've also had some good laughs when Evie calls to Matt from the bathroom while potty training, "Honey, I need an M&M delivery!"
Evie and William lunching together at Chipotle.  They split a kids' meal - how cute!
I don't even know what to say about this one!
This is how she entertains herself, apparently!
She LOVES to play sand table out back
Time for a little sunbathing
Creemees at Sweet Clover Market - YUMMY!!  (and we can walk there)

I also have a couple of congratulations to share this week.  First, congratulations to my sister and my niece, who ran in the Girls on the Run 5K on Saturday!  The positive energy was contagious, and I hope Evie has the chance to be a part of something like this when she's bigger.


Also, a big congrats to my future cousin-in-law Kelly!  We celebrated her wedding shower on Sunday and we are so happy that she's joining the family!

The basement project has been occupying much of our time and energy, but the drywall is complete, we bought paint (yay!), and we're in the process of picking out flooring.  My mom watched Evie and Roscoe  on Saturday so that Matt and I could have some uninterrupted time to pick out the paint and flooring, and it was such a treat.  We may not have many traditional dinner/movie dates these days, but having an afternoon together was really nice!
Paint has been purchased!
Drywall is done!  So dusty!
And this is what happens when Matt and I are preoccupied with other stuff...Evie shares her lunch with Roscoe!  No wonder he likes her so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment