Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful dads in our lives.  Evie is very lucky to have such a fun, loving, attentive, creative, handsome Daddy.  We are also incredibly blessed to have our own dads nearby to help us out any time we ask, and we got to celebrate Father's Day with all of them on Sunday.  Evie loves her two grandpas soooo much!  For all the pictures we take, somehow I forgot to take ANY on Father's Day.  Sorry!


Family hike on Saturday - awesome day!
The basement work has been ongoing, and the past week has been devoted to cleaning up drywall dust.  This is a painstaking, filthy, seemingly-endless process, but we are finally done.  After all that hard work, my awesome and generous dad came over yesterday and worked for hours to get a coat of primer on all the ceilings and walls.  How lucky are we??  We are officially ready to start painting, and now we just have to find the time!


Dusty hair!
Matt may have dusty hair from the drywall, but my hair is a different story.  I have finally realized/accepted that since Evie was born, my hair has become curly.  After my entire lifetime of having straight hair, I'm embracing my new 'do.  I had just been thinking that I finally feel like I'm back to my former body size, shape, fitness level, etc., but now I realize I'll never be exactly the same.  Oh well, I'm a whole lot happier than I used to be, too!
Curly hair!
Here are a few other photos from the week.  In addition to our own little creature, we've had some other wildlife sightings, too!
Hello, Mr. Chipmunk!

Eek!  Snake!
Evie doesn't mind the creatures outside.  This was a birthday party for seal with a sand cake and stick candles!

And really, is there anything cuter than a sleeping kid?  She looks huge in her car seat now!

No comments:

Post a Comment