Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Happy Birthday to Daddy!

It was Daddy's birthday on Super Bowl Sunday, and we are so thankful for him!  Evelyn had fun helping me to make birthday brownies and helping daddy unwrap his gifts.  

We even got Evie to celebrate a touchdown during the Super Bowl!

Previous to the fun Super Bowl/B-Day celebration on Sunday, we had a pretty rough week.  Evelyn was sick with a fever for about four days, and just as she was getting better, I went down.  Friday morning I felt like there was not enough coffee in the world to wake me up.  As we crept toward lunch time, I realized that I wasn't feeling very well, and I ended up having a fever over 100 degrees.  Thank goodness for Matt, because I was out of commission for the next 3 days.
Evie feeling yucky and lounging on the couch while we watched Barney (I swore I'd never stoop to this level!)

Now it's Mommy's turn to feel yucky
Roscoe was good company for the sick girls

And as I said, Daddy did an awesome job of taking care of Evelyn while I was sick...
Yummy spaghetti - Daddy is more brave about dealing with messes than Mommy

"Shave the baby" is a little routine that Evie and Daddy do every morning

It looks like slave labor, but she loves to help with laundry.  The front-loader is just her height!
The other bad news this week is that we may not be able to complete our basement project.  As we talked with the town, state, and division of fire safety, we realized that we do not have suitable egress from our basement, and our options are to either install a new (larger) window in the basement or install a sprinkler system.  We are exploring our options, and any helpful pointers, prayers, etc. are greatly appreciated. We're bummed.

No comments:

Post a Comment