The time we spent in Denver was so nice. It was relaxing, sunny, and filled with good food, drinks and conversation. Evie loved playing with her Colorado cousins. Aristea is one year older than Evie, but they are just about the same size, and it was super cute to see the girls play together. Stefan was a great big cousin, reading books and playing kitchen with Evie to her heart's content.
All too soon we had to pack up and head home. Our return flight was much more hectic. We had a connection in Cleveland, and we only had 30 minutes in between flights. As soon as we got off the first plane, we had to run with all our bags and Evie in the stroller to catch our next plane. No chance of changing a diaper or going to the bathroom! We barely made it, and just as we got into our seats, Evie asked for a snack. I decided to give her a nice, healthy apple, which she eats all the time at home. Well, that was a bad choice. She told us that she had some apple skin and she was coughing a little bit, then all of a sudden, she vomited and I CAUGHT IT IN MY HAND. We hadn't even left the gate and Evie and I were covered in vomit. (Sorry, I know this is a gross story). So, we cleaned up the best we could with baby wipes, sealed the nasty stuff in a ziploc bag, and prayed that the nearby passengers didn't notice the smell. Once the flight got up to a cruising altitude, I was able to take Evie to the bathroom, strip her down, and get her a clean outfit and diaper. I have a whole new appreciation for airplane bathrooms and the fact that I could wash my hands under running water! While this was completely disgusting, it was also liberating to realize that we had been initiated into another parenting club, and we survived the challenge!
Here are the rest of the photos from the trip: Denver Trip Album
and here are a few videos: Denver videos
and here are a few videos: Denver videos
This is one bonus photo from last week, and it's dedicated to my friend Shannon! Not only do we share a love of pickles, but she's pregnant, and what pregnant lady doesn't love pickles?!








SO glad you guys had a great time! We are so sorry we missed you....such is life this winter with sick kids every two seconds..... ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm so sad we missed you too, Nicole! I hope everyone is feeling better in your family. It sounds like it's been a looooooong winter!
ReplyDelete