Tuesday, October 9, 2012

17 months!



Happy 17 Months to our sweet Evelyn!  I have to say that I'm really enjoying this age so far.  Evelyn's attention span is longer, she is funny, good-natured (usually), and a lot of fun to be around right now.  Her smile and infectious laugh have been just what I needed to keep some stressful situations in perspective in the past week. 




Here are the 17-month milestones:

  • She's been speaking some sort of baby pig latin.  Every word ends in "-ika", like "Mom-ika", "Dad-ika", "nap-ika", "oot-ika".  Lucky for her, we are very talented parents and can also speak baby pig latin!  She's also talking a ton and repeating almost everything we say.  We have to choose our words carefully!
  • Coloring and making pictures with stickers is her favorite activity right now!  Mom-ika and Dad-ika are enjoying it too.  We had forgotten how much fun it is to color.
Coloring with Grandpa.  He was brave enough to buy markers!
Coloring at home (with crayons, of course)
  • A couple more teeth have popped through, bringing the total to 12 teeth.  It's seeming like teething is a never-ending process.
  • I'm afraid our child has developed a mullet and her bangs are getting in her eyes.  What to do?  If we trim her bangs, the mullet will get worse!  I'm opting for pig-tails as often as possible.



  • She still loves being outside as much as possible, even though the weather has gotten colder.  Rainy days are the hardest for us right now!


Salvaging a rainy day by helping Mommy re-pot plants in the garage.  This was a very messy project that ended with a bath!

Outside, as always


  • Evelyn is in love with Roscoe, and he with her.  We are so happy Evie is growing up with a sweet dog!

Who wouldn't love this face?

Sophie was visiting, and Evie called her "Dopey" all weekend!

  •  Music is another favorite activity!  Drums, guitar, piano, and singing are her favorites.  Maybe she'll like flute when she gets bigger (I hope!).

Rocking out at Daddy's gig on Saturday night.  We had a front-row seat, and Evelyn was excellent at the restaurant!

No comments:

Post a Comment