| I love to go for walks! |
I am so happy that the crisp fall weather is here for walking. It is my therapy these days, and I always chuckle when I read this Dr. Seuss book to Evie. It makes me think of our best walking buddies, Melodie and William! Obviously the talking portion of our walks is VERY important!
My walking therapy was important this past week, because Matt was gone for a couple days on a salmon fishing trip. He had an awesome time and caught some fish that were bigger than Evie!
Lucky for me, I had a work retreat at Mount Philo one of the days when Matt was gone, so I got to enjoy a beautiful Vermont day and have a little break from being a mom.
We kept ourselves busy by spending lots of time outside while Matt was gone, and Evie is especially intrigued by this little bike that she borrowed from her cousins. She hasn't figured out how to ride on it yet, but she loves to push it around. I love watching the process of her figuring it out.
Let's just say that housekeeping was not my strong point while Matt was gone, and not really by choice. Actually, this is a normal state of affairs in our house when Evelyn is awake. Those of you who know me, you know that I like things neat and tidy, but I wait until the little destructor is sleeping to clean everything up. It's a losing battle when she's awake, and that's something I have had to let go...reluctantly.
We celebrated the 6th anniversary of adopting Roscoe on Sunday. We don't know when his birthday is, so we spoil him on his adoption day. We went out for a nice family hike and gave Roscoe extra treats all day. He has his challenging traits, but I couldn't ask for a more patient, gentle dog for Evelyn. It is so sweet, she walks around and calls him "Buddy" now. We love you, Roscoe!
| Digging to China on his birthday hike |
| Birthday hike riding on Mommy's back |
![]() |
| Buddies |
Evelyn has also been sick with her first cold of the season. She had a fever and was feeling pretty awful on Saturday, but with the help of some of Grandma's homemade chicken soup, she is on the mend. I am doing a lot of nose wiping and hand washing, though! Fingers crossed that I can stay healthy.
![]() |
| We tried to bribe her to feel better, but it didn't work! |
| Crazy bed head girl, finally feeling a little better |
| It makes me so happy to see a smile on her face again. Being sick is no fun! |






That last picture is amazing! She looks so old. I miss you guys so much!
ReplyDeleteJenn, we miss you a ton! Please come visit soon! And, I might have to send you on a shopping mission to the Crocs outlet. Evie is devastated that her Crocs are too small!
ReplyDelete