First of all, congrats to Daddy on completing his first 5k on Saturday! Evie, Roscoe, and I went to cheer him on, and clearly Mommy needs a little more practice getting packed up and going to races. We made it there on time, but I forgot my coffee AND my rain coat, and it started raining just when we arrived. Fortunately, Matt's parents were there to cheer Matt on (and help me manage without coffee).
We had a special opportunity for Evie to meet my mom's two sisters who were visiting from out of town. We haven't all been together since Grandpa Hank's funeral, so it was great to see them, and Evie was a little confused about why there were three women who all sounded like Grandma.
| We tried to get Evie in the photo, but it was not happening |
| Everyone except my mom got the memo to wear blue! |
My mom and I took Evie to a fall festival/apple picking on Saturday, and she was very intrigued by the animals. Oh, and by the cider donuts. :-)
| Donuts...mmm! |
| Powdered cider donut...can you say yummy!? (and messy!) |
| Chomping into a fresh Vermont apple. She ate almost half of the apple, which really surprised me! |
Roscoe says, "Brush your teeth!!" after all that junk food.
Don't call Child Protective Services on me for feeding my kid so much junk food, but Evie also ate her first "My Little Cupcake" this week. She loved the frosting the best. Maybe this is a good time for me to confess that Evie eats Oreos. Often. And she usually only eats the cream filling out of them, tossing the chocolate cookies aside and demanding more. Should I feel guilty that my one year old demands Oreos? Nah, but maybe I should be worried about the donut/cupcake/oreo diet!
Good thing we eat healthy food most of the time. Here she is enjoying a Boloco burrito. I was so excited to find out that they make kids burritos that are the perfect size for Evie!
See how happy she is?! Nice bed head, by the way.
Last, but not least, we had a reunion with our childbirth class. The kids were so cute together, and Evie was the little pipsqueak of the group. We tried to line the kids up for a photo, but it's hard enough to get a photo of ONE 16-month-old, let alone three of them. Enjoy the outtakes!
| Cheers! |
| Uhhh, good luck with that photo! |
| This was the best one we got. At least all three kids are in the picture! |
| I loved Evie's expression in this one |
Obviously the playdate tired Evie out, because she came home and took a 3 1/2 hour nap! Here she is, still looking a little groggy afterward. I swear we didn't spike the drink in her sippy cup!






No comments:
Post a Comment