Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Fiddleheads!

It has been a dreary week, but we have done our best to get out and about.  We had a play date with Evelyn's almost-one-year-old friends, and it's amazing how big the girls are all getting.  The other two girls are crawling all over the place, and Evelyn still doesn't know how to crawl, but she's walking everywhere.  Sadly, I forgot my camera!  We also got really desperate to go for a walk and did some mall walking with Melodie and William at the end of the week last week (it was SNOWING out).  We walked a few laps, then we decided to just go shopping instead!  :-)

Nice hair!
In the past week, Evelyn's walking has really taken off.  She went from walking a few steps independently to walking all over the house.  Fortunately, she doesn't try to go up the stairs yet, so she has a lot of area where she can safely explore on her own.  She spends a lot of time walking laps around the coffee table, and she'll often walk into our bedroom and bring back a book for me to read to her.  The girl loves her books!  Matt and I had to do some clean-up in the living room, moving all the magazines, picture frames, and the laptop out of reach, but now it's a pretty kid-friendly zone where I don't have to worry about Evelyn walking around.  It's amazing how much these little things help make the day-to-day easier!

Matt has been really into foraging for fiddleheads this year, so we went out on Saturday with our niece Carly to find some fiddleheads.  It was a fun hike, even though it was FREEZING cold, and we found lots of yummy fiddleheads!

Matt and Carly did most of the picking

Evelyn got a little bored with the situation

Roscoe had lots to say, as usual

The girls
Great success!
When I see this picture of Carly, I can't believe that Evelyn will be that big some day.  Next week, our little peanut turns one, and we are still pinching ourselves and wondering how we got so lucky.

3 comments:

  1. I ate some and didn't even get sick ( as Paula and I had when harvesting my own!) Nice fiddleheads, MT. WHERE DID YOU GET THEM?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, that will always be Matt-Tom's little secret! :-) You'll have to try some of the pickled fiddleheads when they're ready in a couple weeks.

      Delete
    2. A gentleman never asks and a lady never tells. Wait, that's not right ;-)

      Delete