"Heaven blew every trumpet and played every horn
On the wonderful, marvelous night you were born."
~ On the Night You Were Born (one of our favorite children's books)
Dear Evelyn,
I can't believe I'm sitting here reflecting on the first year of your life. Happy Birthday, Sweetie! Last year at this time, I couldn't have imagined how much joy I would find in becoming your mom. Before you were born, I was nervous and doubted if Daddy and I were up to the task of being parents. However, as soon as our midwife placed you on my chest, I felt overwhelming peace and happiness, and I knew we'd be just fine. As the days and weeks have unfolded, we've been better than "fine", and in fact, I have never been happier in my life.
I am proud of you for being smart, sensitive, adorable, funny, and sweet. It is so much fun to see your personality develop as you grow and learn, and it makes me excited for our future together. I love that you are an outdoorsy girl, that you already seem to love music and books, you love other kids (especially your cousins!), and you have great affection for our crazy coonhound, Roscoe. Oh, and like your momma, you love to eat!
You have been the most beautiful, wonderful gift to me, and I wish you many, many more happy birthdays.
Love,
Mommy
P.S. Here is our family one year ago:
![]() |
| May 9, 2011 (I was in the midst of hard labor in this picture!) |



Can't believe it's been 1 year! Happy birthday Evelyn!!!
ReplyDeleteThat was such a sweet letter, Erin. It brought tears to my eyes. I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying being parents so much. Happy birthday Evelyn!
ReplyDelete