Tuesday, May 8, 2012

12 months


Matt got the decorations for Evie's party...can you tell he's a proud dad?!
I can't believe that Evelyn turns 1 year old on Thursday.  I'm planning to do a special birthday post next week, but for now we're just enjoying reminiscing about "last year at this time..."  My first contraction was about 11pm on May 8th, and most of my labor was on May 9th.  To celebrate, Matt and I are having a date night tomorrow night, when we were headed to the hospital at the same time last year.  It's hard to figure out how to best celebrate Evelyn's birthday this year, because she doesn't really know the difference yet, but it's a very special day for us as parents, too.  Can I tell you how tempting it is to buy her a ton of toys, clothes, books, etc.? 

In the spirit of reminiscing, Evie finally fits in her crocs that seemed so big last year!
Big girl walking around in her crocs
Evelyn has a newfound interest in door stops, and anything at floor level!

We had a pretty uneventful week and weekend, so I thought I'd give a rundown of a typical day with Evelyn.  (Selfishly, I kind of want to be able to look back on this!)
7:45 - wake up, nurse, diaper change
8:00 - say good morning to Daddy, play in the bathroom while Mommy finishes getting ready
8:30 - have breakfast with Mommy (toast, pancakes, waffles, or scrambled egg)
9:00 - play for a little bit
9:30 - read books, nurse, morning nap
10:30 - get up, diaper change, get dressed
11:00 - snack (yogurt)
11:15 - finally leave the house, often to run an errand or meet Melodie and William for a walk.  If we don't leave the house at this point, we'll play, read lots of books, and go outside if it's nice weather.
12:45 - lunch (rice cereal, fruits/veggies)
1:15 - play at the house
2:00 - read books, nurse, afternoon nap
3:30 - get up, diaper change, play with Mommy, and if we didn't get out earlier in the day, this is our time
5:30 - Daddy gets home!  Mommy gets a beer.  :-)  Ha ha!  Sometimes we'll go for a family walk or just catch up for a little bit at home.
6:00 - Evie's dinner (rice cereal, fruits/veggies, finger foods), and one of us starts making dinner for the adults.
6:45 - Family dinner.  Evie sits with us and has bites of whatever we are eating, usually loudly demanding "BITE!"
7:30 - Bath time
8:00 - Read books, nurse, bed

Grilling dinner - usually this is Matt's job!

We had a date night on Saturday to go to a Kentucky Derby party.  FUN!

We grabbed a piece of pizza at Costco after shopping this weekend.  Here we are eating on the tailgate of the truck after I freaked out about the chaos inside Costco on a Sunday.

Daddy's girl, watching as he leaves

Roscoe says bye-bye to Daddy, too!




Evelyn loves her tub flutes.  I'm happy that she's at least playing some kind of flute!


No comments:

Post a Comment