Tuesday, May 29, 2012

1 Year Photos, Holiday Weekend

We had a great long weekend and got to catch up with lots of friends.  Our garden is officially planted, so let's hope that things grow!  It was fun to work on it together, although we realized how challenging it is to only have short blocks of time to get things done together (aka, Evelyn's nap time).  Here is the finished product:
Our little garden
We try to get things done when Evelyn is awake, but she is more and more curious now that she can walk and run all over the house, and she makes it look like a cyclone has hit our house.  Below is just an example of her "help", taking every box of tea out of the cupboard for us.  We found teabags in her diaper bag, on the couch, in our shoes, etc.  I never thought I'd have cabinet locks, but alas, I caved in because I wanted to be able to relax for more than 2 minutes at a time!
Our little helper
On Sunday, Matt played drums with King Me on Church Street for the Vermont City Marathon.  It's always a fun event, and I had my mind set that Evelyn and I would go down and spectate.  I know I'm going to get lynched by other moms for saying this, but I was kind of annoyed that Evelyn chose that day to sleep until 8:45!  (I should never complain about sleeping in!)  We still made it down for part of the race and got to hear Daddy's band, but not quite as early as I had hoped to get there.

Not a great photo, but I tried to get a shot of Evie on Church Street with Daddy in the background
King Me at VCM - sounded great!
Evelyn missed her morning nap since we were downtown, so by the time we got back to the car, she had crashed out.  There's nothing cuter than a sleeping baby toddler!  One of her top teeth also popped through, so we think that has contributed to her being so sleepy.



Blowing bubbles are one of Evelyn's absolute favorite passtimes, and she got to do it with two of her favorite people this weekend!
Bubbles with Daddy
Bubbles with Grandma


And, last but not least, we got Evelyn's 1 Year photos back from the wonderful Birdie Lou Photography...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment