Tuesday, June 5, 2012

New tricks

Our little toddler is up to some new tricks this week, and she's mighty proud of herself!  The first new trick is standing in her crib.  She's been standing up and walking all around outside her crib for a while now, so we knew this day was coming.  It's super cute, although it was a little alarming the first time we saw it!  We scrambled and moved her crib mattress to the lowest setting, so we aren't afraid she's going to climb out yet.  This stopped being cute when I put her down for a nap yesterday and she promptly stood back up and cried.  5, 10, 15 minutes passed, and I realized that maybe she didn't know how to lay back down!  I went up and laid her on her back, and after a minute of fussing, she slept for an hour and a half.  I guess laying down will be the next trick she needs to learn!  It's also been a busy week of teething (and whining), as Evie's top 2 teeth are coming through, so we're hoping that is over soon.

Trick #2 this week?  Removal of shoes.  I'm afraid we're going to lose a shoe when we're out shopping, so I either take her shoes off before we enter the store, or compulsively check that we still have them the whole time we're shopping.
Trick #3: sleeping in the dog bed.  The only benefit to this is that we have realized we need to vacuum the dog bed much more frequently, because Evelyn is like a human lint roller.
Roscoe, in turn, has found a nice sunny spot to sleep since his bed is unavailable
Trick #4: (not really new) being sassy sunglasses girl.  We fell victim to an impulse buy over the weekend in this flowery swim cap (size 5T, I might add), and Evelyn loves to wear it around the house with her sunglasses on.  No matter my mood, this look makes me laugh!
 




Trick #5: Using her cup as a pillow. It's especially refreshing when the cup is turned upside down!
With all these new tricks, you may wonder where Evelyn gets her inspiration.  Let me see if I can help explain...
Mommy

Aunt Pea

Crazy Coonhound
Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment