Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

First and foremost, Happy Father's Day to all of the dads in our lives.  Evelyn is one lucky girl to have an awesome daddy and two awesome grandpas that are all wrapped around her little finger.
Grandpa Tom and Daddy with Evie on Father's Day
We celebrated Father's Day by going to Breakwaters to hear Matt play drums with his band.  It was a beautiful day to be at the lake enjoying good music and drinks, but it's not quite like it used to be pre-kids.  I ordered a beer, and it proceeded to sit on the table and get warm in the sun while I was walking Evelyn around and watching her play with rocks and dirt by the bike racks.  I felt like I didn't have a chance to talk to anyone, and I didn't get to eat any dinner, but we stopped for a creemee on the way home to make up for it!


I had to go to New York for the day on Saturday, so it was the first day that I haven't seen Evelyn at all (I left at 5am and got home at 10pm).  Matt enjoyed spending the day with her, and honestly, I really enjoyed the break after a challenging week of being Mommy.  Evelyn boycotted her morning nap a couple of times last week, she was cranky, and her schedule was all mixed up.  I'm not sure if she wasn't feeling well, was teething, or may be transitioning to only one nap (please, not yet!!).  Fortunately, she's napping better now, and seems to be back to her happy little self.  Her two top teeth are through, and she has been grinding her teeth like crazy.  It sounds awful!

Of course, while I was gone, I asked for updates all day, so here are some of the cute photos I got from Matt:
 
Good morning!

Daddy fed her Oreos after lunch - obviously they were a hit!


Playing outside

And here are a few other shots from the week...

We walked over and had dinner at Cody's on Friday night with Evie and Roscoe.  Everyone had a fun time!
This girl loves her books, and she is learning to sit in her little chair and read.  So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment