Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Single mom for the weekend

Big girl with pigtails!
Another shot of pigtails

I feel like I start many blog posts telling everyone how tired I am, but it's true!  Matt had a yucky stomach bug over the weekend, so Evie and I had a lot of time together, and I didn't get many breaks from my mommy duties.  It makes me realize how helpful Matt is on a regular basis, and how hard it is to do everything on my own.  To give you a glimpse into one of my more stressful moments, on Saturday evening, when I was trying to get out the door with Evie and Roscoe to get Roscoe some exercise, I decided to wash a couple of dishes so we could come home to a clean kitchen.  While I was doing that, Roscoe was running around and barking with excitement, and Evie went in the bathroom and dumped the bowl of dog water all over, then proceeded to slip and fall in it and started crying.  ARGH!!!

Fortunately, the whole weekend wasn't like that.  Evie and I enjoyed some nice time with my mom on Church Street on Saturday (we wanted to stay as far away from Matt's germs as possible).  Evie did so much walking on that outing - my mom and I could hardly believe that she walked the entire length of the Burlington Square Mall, from Church Street to the parking garage.  What a big girl!
Playing at the mall

She loved playing in the cars!
We made it to mass on Sunday, then killed a little time running around campus at St. Mike's.  It was the perfect wide-open green space for Evie to burn some energy (and pick flowers)!

Then, our friends invited us to a pool party on Sunday afternoon.  Everyone was so kind and generous in helping me carry bags, watch Evie, etc. while I managed on my own.  Thank you!!



Fortunately, Matt is feeling better, and things are getting back to normal for us.  Our garden is growing well, and so is our daughter!  I feel like I'm running out of ideas of interesting foods to feed her, so she had her first peanut butter and jelly sandwich for dinner last night.  She seemed to like it, based on her "Num, num, num" sounds that she made while eating it!  Do any of you parents out there have suggestions for good kid foods?  Our current favorites are: cut up fresh fruit, toast, baby food fruits and veggies, yogurt, cheese, graham crackers.  Please pass along any other ideas!
Our little garden - the lettuce is up!

PB&J

YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment