Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Congrats to Ally and Matt Mullen!

This past week, we were pretty focused on getting ready for our trip to Boston to celebrate the wedding of our friends Ally and Matt.  We left on Friday and had a very good drive down from Vermont.  The weather was nice, and we stopped about halfway to have lunch at a rest stop in New Hampshire.  Evie was excellent, although the girl is not a great napper when we're traveling.  She probably slept for a total of 30 minutes on our 3 1/2 hour drive!  My mom should be nominated for sainthood after this weekend, riding in the back seat with Evie, entertaining her, and babysitting her in a hotel room for 2 days.  We cannot thank her enough.
Rest stop lunch

This was right before Evie flung pureed prunes all over.  Fun times!

Grandma helping Evie burn off some energy before we got back in the car
Swimming at the hotel
The weekend was exhausting, but it was also one of the most wonderful breaks I've had from parenting!  I think Saturday was the first day since Evie was born that I didn't change a single diaper.  I got to hang out with the girls, get my hair and makeup done, eat and drink as I pleased, and not worry about anyone other than Ally.  For the first few hours of the morning, I felt like I had forgotten something (my child, perhaps?), but then I settled into enjoying the day.  And, what a day it was!  Ally was a beautiful, relaxed bride, and her wedding day was as wonderful as I could have imagined for her.  Congratulations to Ally and Matt!  The hardest thing was waking up on Sunday morning after 5 hours of sleep (and a little too much to drink on Saturday night), remembering that I am a parent, and my baby was awake at 6:40am!  Ughhhhhhhhh.


On the way to the wedding

Ahhh, don't we look relaxed?!

We think Evie is working on getting some more teeth, because she was pretty whiny last week.  As much as the whining grates on us, Evie comes out with the funniest "words" and noises to lighten the mood.  She makes this high-pitched noise when she hears another baby crying, a siren, and even her toy guitar.  She was doing it yesterday as we walked through Costco and another baby was having a meltdown, and it cracked me up!


It is hard to believe that our baby girl is going to turn 1 in a few short weeks.  While we have our moments of frustration and fatigue, Matt and I love being parents.  The small moments of being around the house are some of the most fun!  Here are a few glimpses...

That cup might be a bit big for you, Evelyn!
Bath time is quite an adventure now, since Evelyn learned to splash in the pool in Florida!
 

New hairstyle - her hair is getting so long in the front!

Mommy and Daddy enjoyed some local fiddleheads with dinner last night...and we haven't gotten sick from them yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment