Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mommy needs a nap

William (2 months old) and Evie - she looks so big next to him!
I feel like life has been very busy since we got back from Florida, and it's catching up with me.  I had to work an extra day last week, and on top of that we've had lots of birthdays to celebrate, and of course, there was the opening day of trout season last Saturday!  Fortunately, I squeezed in a walk and play date with our friends Melodie and baby William, which was lots of fun.  Evelyn was very interested in William, but she doesn't really get the fact that he's kind of fragile.  She kept trying to poke him and touch his eyes, and she seemed so LOUD compared to him!

Daddy loves fishing!

Last week made me so grateful for my normal 2-day work schedule and for having family around to help with Evelyn.  After working two long days on Monday and Tuesday, then going to Jazzercise last Tuesday, we didn't sit down to dinner until 8:30pm.  Evie was already in bed, and I just wanted to lay my head on the table and go to sleep.  I know that there are a lot of moms who work full time, but I hated it (yes, all 2 days of it!).  We at least had some nice family time on Sunday to make up for the busy week.

Yes, we put her in socks and sandals.  How embarrassing.

We need to get a swing at our house.  She loves it!

Evelyn is still very shy around "strangers", or anyone that she hasn't seen in a while.  Jenn came over to celebrate her birthday with us, and it took Evelyn a good 45 minutes to warm up to her.  Jenn's patience paid off, because the girls had fun reading books and opening gifts later on in the evening.




Roscoe has been on my naughty list lately.  Doesn't he look grumpy next to the Fisher Price puppy?  Poor Roscoe.

Last but not least, here's cute video of Evelyn being chatty during dinner last week.  It's funny to describe her as shy, because she is a little chatterbox around us!


No comments:

Post a Comment