Monday, November 14, 2011

27 Weeks, some new foods!

Practicing sitting up while we read books

Well, I survived a week feeling like a single parent, and I have to say I sure am glad I don't have to do this all the time!  Matt did a great job playing drums for Hairspray at The Flynn, and Matt's mom was kind enough to babysit on Friday night so I could have a break and go see the show.

Our big 6-month-old girl
 Since Evie turned 6 months old, we've found ourselves feeling a little more daring with trying some new things with her.  First, she had some water from a sippy cup, and she did really well with it.  I don't know if she liked it for the novelty of trying something new, or if it was actually thirst-quenching!
 
After the success with a sippy cup, we tried giving her some roasted squash baby food.  That was not nearly as successful.  There were some awful faces, followed by a gagging noise and crying.  We've continued trying it with her each day, but we've smartened up and mixed it with rice cereal to trick her help her get used to it. 
Icky squash face

I think the 6-month birthday has made me feel pensive about the things I do and don't miss about being pregnant...

I miss feeling the baby kicking and moving inside of me, going to appointments with the midwives, the universal ice-breaker (when are you due?  is it a boy or a girl? etc, etc...), the excitement and anticipation of meeting our little one, awesome naps, elastic waistbands, and I'm sure there are many, many more things.

On the flip side, I love feeling good when I wake up in the morning (even if I'm a little tired some days) enjoying a good cup of coffee (YES!!), looking my sweet girl in the eyes, being able to hug and kiss her all the time, and watching her learn and grow.  I feel this new connection with other parents, and I continue to be impressed with how often someone will hold the door for me or help me when I have my hands full.  Seeing the love that so many people have for Evie is a daily reminder of just how blessed we are.  Oh, and I LOVE working part-time!

Modeling her cute April Cornell dress that we got as a gift

No comments:

Post a Comment