This week, Evelyn is going to be 6 months old! For those of you who are math challenged, that's a half of a year!!! I know that Matt and I have changed and grown so much in these 6 months, and Evelyn sure has, too. I'll post some pictures on Thursday when she officially turns 6 months old so we can compare her to her birth size. She officially has her daddy's brown eyes, and we still think she's a blend of the two of us, not distinctly one or the other. She rolls all around on the floor, in her crib, and even on the changing pad if we let her. She isn't seeming too close to crawling yet, but she can kind of skootch herself around. We've continued to work on her sitting up on the floor, and she's getting a lot better at it, but not good enough to be left alone without a bunch of pillows around!
 |
| Evie is big enough for shoulder rides with Daddy now, and she LOVES it! |
Over the weekend, I got to see two of my cousins and their babies that are almost a year older than Evelyn. It was so much fun to get the kids together, and for me, it was fun to see what Evelyn will be doing a year from now (eating food, walking, talking, etc.). I couldn't help thinking of Grandpa Hank, since these are some of his youngest great-grandkids. They all have that devilish glimmer in their eyes - it must be genetic!
 |
| Grandpa Hank's youngest descendants |
 |
| All tuckered out after playing with her cousins |
After we visited with the cousins, we went to see Santa (Grandpa Tom). Poor Evie was terrified! I don't think we'll be going for any of those pictures at the mall with Santa this year. It was funny, because when "Santa" talked, she recognized his voice, but she couldn't get past the beard and big belly. I left there sweaty and frazzled, because I was not only protective of my baby girl and didn't want her to be upset, but I also felt like everyone was staring at the screaming baby at the church bazaar.
 |
| So sad |
 |
| The best we could do for Evie's first visit with Santa |
Daylight savings time has been a little bit of a challenge. We've tried keeping Evie up later at night to get her adjusted, but she hasn't been sleeping any later in the morning. As a result, last night, she almost fell asleep sitting up at 6pm. Do any other parents have tips for getting your kids adjusted to the time change, or does it just take time?
 |
| Enjoying a fun new book from Grandpa Tom |
 |
| Having fun playing on her laptop from Godmom Ally |
 |
| This is how I feel after work some days! |
After I lamented about November in last week's post, we have had some of the nicest, sunniest November weather that I can remember. We went out for a family hike on Sunday and enjoyed the sunshine and warmth. It's one of our favorite things to do as a family, because both Evie and Roscoe love it!
 |
| Evie asleep on the hike. What a sweetie! |
 |
| Sleepy coonhound. Babies make him tired (and so do hikes) |
 |
| This is a crazy tree we saw on our hike that was twisted by a wind storm! |
No comments:
Post a Comment