Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Lucky #7 (weeks)

The seventh week has been a great one for us.  Evelyn is sleeping through the night now (knock on wood)!  She'll go for about 8 hours at night, which is unbelievable.  It seems funny that she can sleep that long at night when she needs to eat every 2-3 hours during the day.  We like to think she's "tanking up" with food during the day to make it through the night.  My favorite time with Evelyn is when she's awake and alert, making eye contact, smiling, and making me feel like the most interesting person in the world! 

I had my 6-week checkup and everything is good with me.  I continue to be so happy with the midwives and the quality of care that they provide.  I had a full 30 minutes with the midwife at my appointment, and she asked me all kinds of questions about how I was doing physically, mentally, and emotionally, and she actually cared about the answers.  She offered a lot of encouragement and I felt so supported and well cared for by the time I left.

We are getting ready to head on our first vacation with Evelyn, and the amount of packing and preparation is a little scary!  We are going to attempt to fit everyone (me, Matt, Evelyn, and Roscoe) and everything (stroller, pack-n-play, dog crate, kayaks, luggage, diapers, etc.) into one vehicle, so we're going to look like Clark Griswold in National Lampoon's Family Vacation!  We are looking forward to the time away with my family, and we're hoping to be able to get out on our kayaks for the first time this year!   There won't be a blog post next week since there's no cell phone or internet access there.  Happy 4th of July a little early!

Mommy enjoys her sleeping baby!
Evelyn checks out her crib for the first time...we'll have to find a new home for the toys before she sleeps in there!

This is the closest we've come to capturing a smile on camera.  CUTE!
Obligatory naked baby picture - she enjoys her baths a little more, but HATES getting her hair washed!

My co-worker and good friend Tom came over to visit last week!
Tom and his wife got Evie the cutest hat.  It'll be perfect for camp!
My roommate from St. Mikes, Mary-Alice, was in town and finally got to meet Evie.  Roscoe was keeping a close eye on things.

Another almost smile - this is how Evie looks when she's having her alert time that I so enjoy

Evie's "big sister in faith" from St. Mikes, Jenn, who has the most amazing abilities with children

No comments:

Post a Comment