Tuesday, July 12, 2011

2 months old!

First big smile on camera!

We are back from our first vacation with a baby, and it was awesome!  Packing to leave on the trip was not so awesome.  It took us from about 9-3 to get everything gathered and packed into the truck for us, Evelyn, and Roscoe.  We're talking dog crate, portable crib, kayaks, fishing poles, clothes, food, beverages, diapers, wipes, etc.  Fortunately, it was all worth it!  We had such a nice time at camp with my family, and we were spoiled by having lots of helping hands with Evelyn.  Matt and I got out kayaking several times, we went for tube rides on the boat, went fishing, and went on a lot of nice walks, puzzled, and played board games.  Ahhhh, I wish I was back there now! 

Evelyn adapted to the new environment very well, and she loved being entertained by her cousins and snuggled by grandma!  Sadly, her sleeping through the night routine is no more.  She's now getting up once at night between 4 and 5am and then going back to sleep, which is still not bad.  Hopefully now that we're home, we'll be able to get back to her sleeping until 7am soon! 
Getting a sink bath at camp
Celebrating her first 4th of July

It seems like a lot of growth happened in the short week while we were gone.  Smiles are more and more frequent, she's gotten much bigger (I think her head is getting huge!), and she's really sucking on her hands a lot.  It's starting to seem like she could become a thumb sucker if she can just find her thumb, but we'll see!  She's also finally outgrowing her newborn sized diapers (she has such skinny hips, which are clearly not from my side of the family), and she's into her 3-month sized clothes.  The other fun thing that she's doing is "talking" when you are playing with her!
Our friend Jamie came to visit and met Evelyn for the first time - she's a natural with babies!

Next week is Evelyn's 2-month visit at the pediatrician, so we'll get the official stats on how much she has grown, and she also has to get her first round of shots.  I'm not very excited about that aspect of the appointment!  I just dug out a picture from the day we came home from the hospital with Evelyn...she really has grown!
2 days old

2 months old
This week, I'm going back to Jazzercise at the center, which I'm a little nervous about.  I'm feeling very doughy and out of shape, and I'm probably going to be sucking wind for the first few workouts.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment