Tuesday, July 19, 2011

10 Weeks Old and Evelyn's first shots

It's been a busy week, but with lots of fun stuff going on. We got to hang with Evelyn's godmother Ally over the weekend, then we did a full family outing to the Vermont Brewer's Festival on Saturday, and both Evelyn and Roscoe were excellent.  Evelyn slept the whole time while we sampled beers, and Roscoe was completely mellow and well-behaved.  It was a beautiful day to be down at the waterfront, and it was kind of liberating to know we could still go out and do fun stuff like that even with a kid.
First Vermont Brewer's Festival

Napping at Brewer's Fest

Still napping at Brewer's Fest

I was thinking I might start listing a good and bad thing about being a mom each week...
Bad: infant carseats are very heavy
Good: baby smiles first thing in the morning are the best way to start your day

This week, Evelyn had her 2-month doctor's appointment.  We got to do the fun stuff first, getting her weighed and measured, and chatting with her doctor about any questions that have come up.  She is doing great with her growth:
Height: 23.75 inches (90th percentile)
Weight: 10 lbs 14 oz (50th percentile)
Head circumference in 90th percentile

Matt says she's the proportions of a tootsie pop - tall and thin with a big head!  Her shots were at the end of the appointment, and she had to get 3 injections in her legs and one oral medicine.  She did awesome, with just one big yell during the shots, and then she calmed down very fast.  She proceeded to sleep for most of the afternoon, and then she started to get kind of fussy.  Matt and I did okay at the appointment (no crying), but the aftermath has been harder to watch.  Evelyn has this sad cry and we can tell she's uncomfortable.  With the help of a little tylenol, she's been doing okay, but she's not back to her usual smiley self quite yet.

I've been to 3 Jazzercise classes since last week, and it feels great to be back!  I'm loving having a little time for myself and feeling like I'm getting back in shape!  I also had to go into the office for a meeting today, and it was a little weird to be there, but I'm happy about my schedule for the fall (2 days a week) and the fact that Evelyn will be spending her time with her grandmas while I'm gone.
Getting big in her carseat

Bathtime!

Little Kangaroo
Testing out the Baby Bjorn - she loves it!
First pair of Crocs - still a little big

Napping at the neighborhood pool (Cousin Carly swimming in the background).  This was a fun outing for Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment