Evelyn is 5 weeks old today, and she celebrated her 1-month birthday last Friday! We went strawberry picking with Grandma to celebrate! It's been a big week for development milestones, too. We got our first few smiles last week, and today I have gotten several. Of course it made me well up with tears to see my own little baby look at me with a big grin! It's so so cute, and I will do my best to capture some on camera soon! The other big milestone is that Evie slept through the night twice in the past week!! She went from 12am to 7am one night and 12:15 to 6:15 the next night. It's not a regular occurrence yet, but we can tell that she's starting to be able to go longer in between feedings. Of course when she sleeps that long, we wake up and panic that something is wrong until we realize she's just sleeping.
I have had a couple of good "mommy milestones" this week, too! I have been able to get back to practicing my flute, which I've really missed, and I was also able to do my first Jazzercise workout yesterday. Granted, it was a DVD that I did in the living room, but it felt good to start exercising again, and my muscles are feeling it today. I'm still adjusting to our daily routine at home while Matt is at work, and some days are more productive than others. I'm trying to remember that my job is to take care of Evie, but it's hard to accept that that's the only thing I do some days!
 |
| Booties knit by our friend Bridget as a baby shower gift! |
 |
| Roscoe is feeling left out, so he used the Boppy pillow for his own purposes |
 |
| Eskimo baby - our new air conditioner was working well! |
 |
| 1 month old! |
 |
| Family photo at 1 month old - note the sunglasses on Evie's head! |
 |
| Our friend Melodie meeting Evie |
 |
| Dileep and Melodie with Evie |
 |
| Roscoe making sure Dileep has everything under control |
No comments:
Post a Comment