Tuesday, November 4, 2025

Lots of Treats

Halloween Week was a fun one, especially with Halloween landing on a Friday this year!  We started off with some pumpkin carving on Monday...I'm always a little grossed out by the whole process, but it's so satisfying when we're done and we can see our beatuiful creations glowing with candle light.  I think Noah shares my icky pumpkin feelings - he doesn't love scooping out all the stuff, but he had lots of fun creating a funny baseball carving!  Evie created a beautiful shamrock, Matt went for a Jack Skellington pumpkin, and I went free-form with a heart.  Our world needs a little more love these days, right?








The boys went mountain biking at the Saxon Haunted Forest, and Matt squeezed in one last day of fishing before trout season ended on Friday.  He was so excited about the beautiful wild brown trout he caught (and released)!








On Halloween, we hosted a handful of friends for each of the kids.  They told us that they didn't need any adults to tag along for trick-or-treating, and we were actually relieved to stay home in the warm, dry house.  Halloween night was rainy, windy, and cold, and the kids all got soaked!  There weren't any complaints, and I think they got extra candy because people felt bad for them.  I was definitely handing out extra at our house!  Halloween is such a fun tradition, and I know the kids will outgrow it soon, but for now, I love being the home base for their festivities.











Frankie didn't know what to make of all the excitement!

To recover from all the treats, we loaded up on veggies from Mazza's before they closed for the season, and then ironically, Noah had to go to the dentist on Monday morning.  Luckily, no cavities, ha ha!





No comments:

Post a Comment