Last week was Matt's "busy as heck" week with Matilda the Musical at The Flynn. Every night he was there practicing or performing, getting home after 11pm most nights, with 6 performances over the weekend. All the hard work was worth it, and the show was fantastic! This is the first time I've been able to bring the kids to enjoy one of his Lyric Theatre productions, and we all had a great time. Not to mention, this was our first return to a theatre for a show since 2020!
 |
| Pit Orchestra doors |
 |
| Matt down in the pit before the show |
 |
| The drum setup |
 |
| Waiting patiently for the show to start! |
 |
| With Daddy after the show |
With Matt gone every night, we had some help from grandparents, the kids and I ordered lots of take-out, and I did my best to keep things running smoothly at home and pack lunches (normally a Daddy job). Unfortunately, I also came down with my first cold (not Covid) in 2 years. I forgot how much it stinks to be sick! And then I gave it to Matt. We both got through the week with a variety of medicines, naps, and tea, and while the timing wasn't ideal, I tried to focus on being thankful that at least we weren't sick when we were heading on vacation in February! Sadly, both kids seem to be coming down with it now, too.
 |
| Evie took good care of me when I wasn't feeling well. This was a cozy place she made for me to take a rest, complete with her favorite stuffies to snuggle. |
 |
| Just a cold! Lots of tests taken! |
Frankie was great company in Matt's absence...although she needs to work on her laundry folding skills! Ha ha. :-)
 |
My laundry "helper", sleeping on the job
|
 |
| Office-mates |
 |
| Waiting by the door for Daddy to get home |
 |
| Play date with her puppy cousin, Ellie |
We did have one glorious spring day in the middle of the week before I started feeling sick, and the kids and I biked to the park, then we stopped to get some ice cream on the way home. It gave us hope for the nicer weather and outdoor fun that will come this Spring!





And a couple cute Noah things from the week:
 |
| This is from his amazing Math through Art program |
 |
| Putting on a performance after being inspired by Daddy's performance |
No comments:
Post a Comment