We made it! Summer is here! It was bittersweet to say goodbye to two fantastic teachers, and we are grateful for an awesome year of school that provided a sense of normalcy during the pandemic.
| Evie's 4th Grade Class |
![]() |
| Noah with Mrs. Cook |
| Evie with Ms. Stone |
Now we have entered the "learning phase" as my jazzercise instructor called it, where we have to remember how to all be home together again. The kids have had some moments of boredom already, and I am slowly adjusting to busier days with a lot more demands and a lot less time to get my own to-do list done (and I'm exhausted by the end of the day). My work has not been happening until 9:30pm, but we have had lots of pool time and outdoor adventures during the days. Matt is still working from home, so I appreciate that he will rescue me when he can tell I'm about to lose my patience, too. And really, I do love having this time home with my kids. I have no doubt we will find our stride!
| Cousin and dog cousin hang-out time |
| Strawberry picking |
| Evie and friends at the pool |
| Visiting the new Donut Bus "Sweet Wheels" - YUM! |
![]() |
| Fishing time with Daddy |
| Frankie is exhausted by all the activity in the household too. Ha ha! |
| Ivy and Frankie playing...or lounging |
![]() |
| Sunscreen outline on the sidewalk |
Matt rescuing me out is the perfect segue into Father's Day. We celebrated the dads and grandfathers, and apparently we were so busy enjoying each other's company that I didn't take any pictures! But I assure you that we enjoyed sharing meals, giving hugs and spending time together to celebrate.
| We love you!! |
| We had new family photos done last week (this one is just a preview) |
![]() |
| G&T's at the pool on Father's Day |
![]() |
| Matching sunglasses...have we become those old people that dress alike?! |
| Strawberry Rhubarb Pie for my hubby on Father's Day |
| Father's Day fruit kebabs by Evie |
| Fun with Aunt Pea |
| Cousins game time |









No comments:
Post a Comment