Last week, I was closely watching the weather forecast as Evie and I were preparing for an overnight camping outing with her Girl Scouts troop on Friday night. Camping in November seemed like a terrible idea to me, but they needed female chaperones, so I was committed. As the week went on, we could see that snow and cold were going to be part of the camping trip, and honestly, I was not excited. Evie's excitement carried both of us, and after a snowy drive up some very steep hills, we arrived at our cabin in the woods and we were pleasantly surprised to find a big wood stove which kept us toasty warm for the weekend. The coldest part of the weekend was using the 4-stall outhouse! Brrrrrrr! The girls were all great, and we did a lot of fun activities, including hiking, singing songs, whittling, shelter building, and fire starting. They also cooked (or attempted to cook) some meals over the wood stove, and they all had jobs helping to clean up after meals. I am shocked to admit that I
enjoyed winter camping! Evie had a blast too, and she was exhausted by the time we came home!
Meanwhile, the boys planned their own boys night while the girls were away. They had a movie night, complete with hot dogs (Noah's "special" dinner request), a jam session, and a little snowboarding in the side yard (no, there wasn't really enough snow!).
 |
| Acting out the Three Little Bears with puppets he made at school |
 |
| Hot dog tongues |
 |
| Snowboarding |
 |
| Winter bike ride |
We also got to see Aunt Boo Boo and Aurelia after they arrived in VT last week, and we are very excited that they are going to be in town for a while, so we will get to enjoy even more time with them in the coming weeks!
And now we are faced with our first BIG snow of the season! Winter has arrived quickly!
No comments:
Post a Comment