I'm not sure what got into the chemistry of our household last week, but the kids were really pushing each other's buttons, and consequently pushing our buttons. I immediately think about how to solve the problem - are they overtired, do they need more consequences, less dessert, less screen time, more snuggles? What's the problem?! Thankfully that mood storm has blown past, and I will choose to blame last week's full moon, because I don't think it was any genius parenting move that solved the problem. Last night at dinner, I could hardly believe my ears when we talked about what we are grateful for, and each kid said they were grateful for the other.
We had parent-teacher conferences for Evie on Friday, and it was reassuring to hear that she is a kind and caring friend at school, and she's doing great with all her academic stuff. This school year has been so wonderful for Evie - she has both an amazing teacher and a great group of kids in her class, and we are so grateful.
 |
| Evie's land forms sculpture at school |
The weekend brought an unexpected snow storm, so we had to shuffle plans a little bit, and we ended up going snowshoeing on Saturday morning. It was so pretty in the woods, and pictures don't come close to capturing the scene with the snow-covered trees. It felt like we were in a cartoon drawing of winter! Noah was not deterred by the snow, and he enjoyed riding his new bigger bike around the neighborhood when we got home. We can't wait for some more spring weather so we can all get out on our bikes!
 |
| This photo was taken after I carried Noah up a huge hill. That's how I felt, too! |
Evie wrapped up her Girl Scout Cookie sales for the year with a cookie booth at Walmart on Saturday afternoon, and then we attended one of my favorite events of the year on Sunday - Maple Open House weekend! The smell of the maple steam and all the maple treats make me happy, and it reminds us that Spring is coming, despite the snow.


 |
| The boys went to see a band while the girls were selling Girl Scout cookies |
 |
| This is the yoke that used to be worn to carry sap buckets! |
No comments:
Post a Comment