Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Back to the grind

Our first post-vacation week is behind us, and while it was hard to wake up early every morning, it's always comforting to return to routine.  It was a pretty ordinary week, but the big news was that Noah got his very own snowboard (I found a great deal on the Facebook marketplace), and he was thrilled.  We took a family trip to the mountain on Saturday, enjoying one of those rare instances that the nice weather coincided with a free weekend day for us.  
Proud owner of a snowboard

Ready for her ski lesson

Hot chocolate break

Daddy-daughter run
Matt and Evie taking a run

Evie showing off her skills

The boys on the bunny slope
 
Matching boys

Matt also enjoyed some time with his Dad at the mountain on Friday!
One other special moment during the week was a visit from our neighbor, Lucy.  Lucy is from China, and she gave these beautiful traditional Chinese dresses to me and the kids, so we all dressed up and took some photos.  Noah's outfit was especially adorable, complete with the fake bun for his hair!





For the ordinary portion of the week...we had a visit from Sophie, many games of Uno (a family favorite!), dentist appointments, play dates, and swim lessons. 
Uno!

Sophie the snuggler

No cavities, hooray!

Noah working on his swimming skills

Noah is getting more comfortable putting his face in the water and making great progress with swimming

Saturday AM breakfast art, courtesy of Matt

Play date time!  Feeding the birds
Baking cookies with Lila

If you made it to the end of the blog, you get treated with this gross/funny story. I went to plug in the laptop next to the couch one day last week, and I looked over and noticed this.  Any guesses what it could be?  It's a BOOGER FARM.  One of my darling children (ahem, Noah) wiped their boogers on the side of the couch over and over.  EEEEWWWW!!!  Whyyyy?  Did he think I wouldn't notice?  Where else has he been wiping his boogers?! After lots of soap and water, the furniture has returned to its normal state, and I have been offering LOTS of tissues since then.  These are the things I couldn't have imagined about parenthood!

No comments:

Post a Comment