Last week was kind of bleak. We began Tuesday morning with the perfect storm of events. I was supposed to be at Evie's school for a meeting at 8:00, but she woke up not feeling well. As we pondered Plan B, Noah woke up and was crying because his nose was bleeding and it was all over his bed. I went up to help him, and then Evie was calling to me from the bathroom because she had to throw up. I came down to help her, only to find that Roscoe had pooped on the rug, because it was -15 degrees and he didn't want to go outside to go to the bathroom. Seriously? All at the same time? While Matt was in the shower?!! All we could do was laugh at the scene. I skipped the meeting, Noah went to school late, but we all survived.

Unfortunately, Evie was sick for the whole week, and I was feeling pretty weary and housebound by the week's end. Evie started feeling better on Friday, and she was able to celebrate her First Reconciliation on Saturday. I was so impressed with the priest and how he related to the kids, and Evie was very proud to celebrate her second sacrament!
Saturday evening helped cure my cabin fever with a surprise visit from our dear friend Lora, who came out to see King Me play in Jericho during her visit to Vermont. Music, family and friends refreshed my soul after a long week!
There is nothing better than seeing your kids feel healthy again after being sick. We enjoyed some great snowshoeing over the weekend, and I think we were feeling extra grateful for the chance to be out all together. The kids did awesome on their snowshoes, too!
Here are a few other glimpses into our week:
 |
| The snow banks are ridiculous...and we're expecting more snow this week! |
 |
| I had to give myself a break to lounge for a bit on Friday, and this guy came in to snuggle |
 |
| And then he fell asleep on me. This never happens, so I loved having a snuggler for a little bit! |
 |
| Working on her finger knitting on a sick day |
 |
| Playing a game on a sick day |
 |
| Evie drew the palm trees at our vacation house to help us get excited for our trip next month! |
 |
| Roscoe didn't mind having everyone home for the week! |
 |
| Noah wants to make every costume imaginable. Here is the homemade Batman costume! |
 |
| A new Lego creation. It was tricky to keep him busy while Evie was trying to rest! |
 |
| Sunday bagels after church |
 |
| I'm so happy to see this smiling face feeling well again |
No comments:
Post a Comment