Noah, the baby of the family, turned 3 on Saturday, and I can't believe it. It caught me a little off guard when the Baby Center emails began calling him a preschooler, and now his preschool application is due this week, serving as yet another reminder that time is passing and the kids are getting bigger and older. Evie was this age when Noah was born, and seemingly overnight, Noah is losing his chubby toddler look. Since he still has no real interest in potty training, I can pretend he is still my little guy as long as I'm changing diapers! His current obsessions are drums, construction vehicles, Legos, and did I mention DRUMS? His musical interests include church songs, nursery songs, and Primus. He loves being outside, going to the park, eating goldfish, playing Zingo, reading books, and trying to keep up with Evie. His tantrums are intense, but his love and affection are even stronger. We love you so much, Noah!

One way that I cope with our kids growing up is by taking lots of pictures (hence, the blog!). We also have Tara at BirdieLou Photography take family photos for us twice a year. It's one of those things that I doubt when I'm trying to find coordinating outfits and get everyone ready, but as soon as I see those photos, I'm so grateful.
To celebrate Noah's 3rd birthday, we had a birthday-eve party on Friday evening. He was so excited to see the decorations and the snare drum cake when he woke up from his nap, and he declared, "Mommy, I just wuv my party!" (It hadn't started yet) He loved the whole evening, and the celebrating continued on Saturday, which was his actual birthday. We went to the Memorial Day Parade, went for our first dip in the pool, played with all his new toys, tried out his new bike and scooter, and ended the day with a maple creemee.
 |
| Snare drum cake made by Mommy |
 |
| New bike! |
 |
| Little drummer boy |
 |
| Hot rods were his #1 birthday request |
 |
| New conga, just like Daddy's |
 |
| Maple Creemees |
No comments:
Post a Comment