Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Fun in the frozen-ness

January often leaves us with icy temperatures, which make it hard to get outside and have fun.  Without enough snow for sledding, we decided to go ice skating at the outdoor rink in Essex over the weekend.  We feel pretty lucky, because it's completely free thanks to the hand-me-down skates from my sister's kids, and the rink is free and open to the public.  Evie is very excited about ice skating, but Noah wants no part of it.  He stepped on the ice a couple times, but was happy to play in the snow next to the rink while the rest of us did some skating and enjoyed the fresh air.  





I have hit an unofficial milestone with Noah over the past month, that he is pretty much done nursing.  He nursed much, much longer than I ever imagined he would (2.5 years!).  Knowing that he is likely my last baby, I have felt bittersweet about this chapter coming to a close, so when I heard about a local mom that makes inclusion jewelry, I decided to have a pendant made with a little bit of my remaining breast milk.  It's a nice way for me to remember this special time and mark the end of the nursing journey.  Between Evie and Noah, my body gave nourishment to my kids for 4.5 years, and I'm so grateful I was able to do that.
The process of dehydrating my breast milk and creating a pendant from it

The rest of the week was filled with pretty ordinary stuff as we got back into the swing of our weekly routine.
A visit with Noah's Great Great Aunt Joan
Yoga time!

Slave labor

Church

Noah's favorite part of church is the post-church drumming.  It makes me remember our dear little friend Joshua!  <3

Baking muffins with mama.  He proceeded to scoop all the dry ingredients onto the shelf.  Oops!

Boo boo after crashing into the bannister
Matt's guilty football snack


No comments:

Post a Comment