We made it through the busy week, and my rock star husband did an awesome job playing drums in Lyric Theatre's Tommy production. I was especially impressed with the band (okay, maybe I'm a little biased) when I saw the show on Saturday night. They rocked it!
| Daddy sharing his skills with Noah |
To be honest, I wasn't all that excited about what "show week" meant for me. It meant that I would stay home, take care of dinner and bedtimes alone, and then have people tell me just how wonderful Matt was. However, I adore my husband, and I believe it's important that we support each other in these endeavors even if they make life a little hectic. In the end, it wasn't that bad.
While Matt was gone in the evenings, I basically punted on dinner and we ate frozen food from Costco (you can hold your nominations for Mom of the Year). The kids must have known that they had to behave, because they would play nicely after dinner while I cleaned up. I had a chest cold and laryngitis all week, so I was very thankful for their cooperation!
They even made a little band of their own and sang, "This Little Light of Mine!"
The kindergarten germs have definitely been swirling around, and while most things haven't been serious, we did have one scary moment last week. Evie's school nurse called and told me that she had swelling around her eyes. By the time Evie got home, she had hives, swelling in her face and eyes, and she told me her shoes were too small (hello, swollen feet!). I LOVE the nurse triage line at our pediatrician's office, and they calmly told us to give her Benadryl, and that often we don't know what triggers a reaction like that. It could have been environmental or viral. Scary!
![]() |
| Fun with neighborhood friends |
And we enjoyed some time at the park on a couple of the nicer days from the past week. Seeing the sun in November is always a pleasant surprise!





No comments:
Post a Comment