Noah had his 2-year check-up, and he is growing healthy and strong. He weighed 28 lbs. 4 oz (53%) and was 36.5 inches (96%). Here's an interesting little fact - Noah is the exact same height Evie was at her 2-yr checkup! He outweighs her by 4 lbs, though. I never would have guessed that this boy would only be in the 50th percentile for weight when he was such a huge baby at birth! He screamed and got very upset when we had to take his clothes off and weigh him at his appointment, but then he smiled and said "pop!" when the nurse had to prick his toe and give him a shot, then asked her to do it again. Ahh, two year olds!
Despite several bad moments, we also had some early summer fun. We went to see Matt play at Breakwaters on a beautiful evening, rode our bikes for dinner and ice cream at Sweet Clover another night, and had our weekly pool time.
| Noah loved watching the boats at Breakwaters |
Lots of changes are on the horizon with the end of preschool next week. Evie's behavior has been rough, and I wonder if she is sensing the change in the air. She had her last swim lesson last week, a meeting with the principal of her new school, and graduation pictures. Meanwhile, I'm starting to silently panic about how things will go this summer without the usual routine and stimulation of school for Evie. Thank goodness I will have my amazing niece as a mother's helper again this year to save my sanity!
| Evie, Lucy and Annabel |
| Future Kindergarteners meet their new principal |
Life with Noah is always an adventure, and if you're squeamish about poop stories, STOP READING NOW. Last week, I was cleaning up dishes while Matt took Evie up for bed. Noah was happily playing, and I knew he needed a diaper change, but thought I'd finish the dishes before taking him up to get changed. He wandered over by me and picked something up from the floor, then looked at me and said "cake?" I looked closer and realized that he had picked up a piece of poop from the floor, and who knows why he thought it was cake! I literally screamed, which made Noah start crying. Now, my mind started racing and I wondered if it came from Noah or Roscoe. I went to grab a paper towel, and they were gone. Really? We had to be out of paper towels at that moment?! I ran and got a wipe and cleaned Noah's hand and the floor, but then had to figure out if there was more mystery poop around. EGADS. I went to where Noah had been playing in the living room and found another nugget. After cleaning that up, I decided I'd better go change Noah before doing anything else. When I took his shorts off, I found the source of the problem - the dreaded diaper wedgie. That was an experience I don't care to repeat!
Here's a little chuckle for you after that awful story. Noah loves pointing out all different types of trucks, and lately, he has been noticing the UPS truck. The funny thing is that all I can hear is "big-a** truck!"




No comments:
Post a Comment