Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Goodbye CPEC, Welcome Summer!

First day and last day at CPEC
Last day and first day of preschool

Looking like a kindergartner
Evie's preschool graduation was one of the highlights of last week. I knew it would be emotional, but it was even harder than I imagined.  It seemed like all of my emotions about my kids growing up too quickly were brought to the surface, and even Noah seems more grown-up to me this week!  As soon as the door opened at graduation, we saw the excited kids processing in, and the tears started flowing.  The graduation ceremony was very sweet, and the kids all wore paper chain necklaces from the kindness chain that they had built during the school year.  There were some songs, a cute performance about friendship, "diploma" presentations, and a slideshow of pictures (in case I wasn't already crying enough).  Evie was smiling the whole time, clearly excited to show us what she had been practicing, and equally excited to enjoy some cookies afterward!  I had to assure her that I was having "happy tears" even though my heart was feeling pretty heavy about leaving her sweet teachers, friends and school behind.

Last morning in Yellow Sun
Graduation procession

Friendship presentation

One last song

Diploma with Ms. Terri

Hugs for her pals

Parents on the verge of tears



We are adjusting to our summer schedule this week, and thankfully Evie has had a lot of cousin time, pool time, and visits from the ice cream truck to make up for the time she is missing with her school friends.


Noah is enjoying the summer schedule
We also celebrated a nice Father's Day with a delicious steak dinner for all the dads at our house on Sunday.  Matt had homemade cinnamon buns for breakfast, Evie made him a ton of art projects, and they enjoyed an afternoon at the pool.  Noah even cooperated at church, and made it through the whole mass without screaming!  (Somehow I didn't manage to get a single picture of my dad on Father's Day - I think he was too busy swimming with all the kids at the pool!).  We are very blessed with some awesome dads in this family!





No comments:

Post a Comment