Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Feeling sentimental

Monday night rainbow
I'm feeling a little bit sappy, as this week marks the end of preschool for Evie.  She has her graduation on Thursday, and just writing out thank-you cards to her teachers brought me to tears.  I was thinking back to her first day of preschool, and remembering how hard it was to leave our tiny little 3 year old off with people who were essentially strangers.  Yet she has grown and flourished over the past two years there, and the people who were once strangers are now people who we will miss dearly when we leave.  I am hopeful that next year will bring new friends and fun, but I still hate goodbyes!
Evie's list for Lowe's: Basil and Parsley
Speaking of growing up too fast, congrats to our beautiful  niece Carly on her 8th grade graduation last week!  


The weather has been reminiscent of late October (50's, cloudy and rainy) for most of the past week, so we have had plenty of indoor time.  One highlight was celebrating my cousin Samantha's graduation, and we all went for ATV rides at her party.  It was some Vermont redneck fun, and the kids loved it!  It was quite a contrast to the cute princess party Evie and I had attended earlier in the day.
Kids yoga

Grandpa and Noah

Picnic lunch when the sun came out briefly
Princess Birthday Party






Evie's breakfast delivery for Daddy
First ice cream truck stop of the year, despite it being 55 degrees!

Noah has been a fighting a cold this week, and he has been having some full-on terrible two tantrums.  It's funny how many people ask me, "Is he this happy all the time?" when three hours earlier, I wondered if the neighbors were going to report me for having a child that screamed and cried so loudly.
Big boy in his forward-facing car seat
Being two can be tough

No comments:

Post a Comment