Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Too hot...too cold...just right!

Happy Halloween!  Goldilocks and the Three Bears had a fun day here, despite the fact that the kids were dealing with sniffles and coughs.  Evie's friends joined us for trick-or-treating, which made it extra fun, and Matt and Evie did some great pumpkin carving.  The girls were adorable running up to the houses for trick-or-treating, and they even remembered to say "Thank you" every time.  Noah didn't mind his costume, and he loved being outside and going from house to house saying "TREAT!"  I can't say it was his first taste of chocolate, but he now fully understands the candy bowl and points at it many times a day asking for "dat kind!"



The aftermath!  
The rest of the week, we had a lot of sibling time since they were both fighting a cold.  Evie has been asking to "babysit" Noah lately, and I have to say she's been hugely helpful!  She entertained him in the playroom while I put groceries away yesterday, and she loves helping with his meals.  I'm loving the extra set of helpful hands!

Neighborhood walk
Encouraging Noah to use the potty (not very successfully!)
Daredevil in the play kitchen
 

Playing play-doh together
Fort building and playing
We were making halloween cookies, but she insisted on making a snowman.  Not yet!!
Noah and I also had a fun meet-up with Jenny and Onyx at the park.  This pic of the two boys is so sweet!

Noah is famous for flinging stuff when he is done with it - shoes, mittens, food, you name it.  Last week we were on a walk, and the weather turned nasty just after we got started.  We did a 1-mile loop, and when we got home, realized that Noah was missing a shoe AND a mitten.  I left Noah home with Matt, and Evie and I re-walked the loop to find the missing gear in the 45-degree rainy weather.  The mitten was close to home, but the shoe was at the farthest point from home on Old Stage Road!  
I know that shoe!
 Matt and I got to have some grown-up fun last week, too, playing music together for our friend Margo's wedding on Friday.  Could the setting have been any more beautiful?!  Congratulations to the happy couple!



Noah had fun with the drums while Matt was unpacking from the wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment