Tuesday, November 17, 2015

A life of extremes

Some moments are so great...
Thankfully we are all feeling better, but I had another day for the record books last week.  Within the span of 2 hours, I experienced: a dumped out drawer in the bathroom, a skinned knee for Evie, Noah picking up a dog poop during a neighborhood walk (with his bare hand), Noah sticking his hand in the exhaust pipe of a parked car and getting covered with soot (on the same neighborhood walk), a fling-yourself-on-the ground tantrum in the middle of the parking lot, and a split and bloody lip for Noah.  Whoa.
Noah doesn't just empty drawers, he pulls the entire drawer out of the cabinet!
But, as the title of this post suggests, my life with kids is spent in the extremes.  For every day that is so intensely stressful, I seem to have some pretty awesome moments, too.  The best part of our week was spending Saturday at the Jay Peak waterpark to celebrate our friend Becca's birthday.  Grandma Karen generously spent her day watching Noah so that we could go and enjoy the day without any naptime constraints.  It was such a fun break from reality, and watching Evie enjoy herself so much softened the memory of those stressful moments from earlier in the week.

Happy Birthday Becca!
Enjoying her freedom to splash and play

Evie even convinced Donna to conquer her fear and go down the water slide.  Great fun!
And here are a couple other happy things from the week.  The first is such a housewife thing, but I literally have to vacuum up after Noah multiple times a day, so we got a stick vacuum for those little messes, and I'm so happy!  Yes, I'm publicly posting about my excitement over a vacuum, but I LOVE it.  


And, life with Noah has been a little rough as his final two molars are poking through this week.  He was awake intermittently from 1:30-6:30am on Friday night, and we were running low on patience from our exhaustion.  Evie can be an awesome helper, and she not only sang songs to help Noah stop whining, but offered to play with him in the play room, and I found them playing play-doh together.  That girl is a keeper!

These moments make me so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment