Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Miseryland




Sometimes I wonder if I live in Miseryland.  One of the worst parts about having sick kids is that there's a fine line between bad behavior and not feeling good.  Do I cut them some slack because they aren't feeling good, or do I hold a firm line no matter what?  I tend to be more forgiving when I know the kids aren't feeling good, but it always seems to backfire with bad behavior when they start to feel better.
Noah managed to drag the trash can across the kitchen and dump it out!
Sometimes the only way to get stuff done is to wear the sick baby around the house

For example...

Yesterday was our grocery shopping day.  Evie and Noah are both pretty much over their colds, but their grumpy moods have persisted.  It's almost too dumb to describe - things like selecting the "wrong" grocery cart, Evie biting her finger while eating a snack, me saying no to a giant box of Fruit Loops (with a free prize inside), and forgetting to bring water for the kids to drink.  Noah shrieked and Evie whined, and I gritted my teeth and got those gosh-darn groceries, including a pint of ice cream and a 12-pack of beer for my efforts!  It was a day in the trenches, for sure.  Time to get that behavior back on track!



On a happier note, November has been good to us so far.  The weather has been unseasonably warm and sunny, and we've had lots of time outside to rake, play in the leaves and pretend like winter is never coming.



Helping Daddy clean the gutters

Matt painting the garage floor with non-slip paint in preparation for winter slush
Noah having fun with Grandpa Zeke

Evie at St. Mike's after mass

Building a birdhouse with Daddy

Lazy bones


This is what Evie did in her timeout...10 dixie cups of water.  Sighhhhhhhhh.

Noah feeding Roscoe his food, one bite at a time.  Roscoe gets some gold stars for playing along with this game!

Noah's favorite thing to do right now - play grill and play kitchen.  It's been the only escape from his whiny moods!

Evie loves her time with Grandma - notice Grandma having "quiet time" on the floor while Evie reads to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment