 |
| First day and last day of school |
School is out, and I'm in a little bit of shock that Evie is on summer vacation. Selfishly, I'm going to miss the time to get caught up on stuff at home while she was at school, but I am embracing the extra time at the pool and outside!
I was pretty proud of myself for walking to Indian Brook with both kids and Roscoe last week. It was such a nice day and we kept walking and walking, then I realized that we had no water, sunscreen, bug spray, and the snacks were getting sparse. Good thing Matt was working from home! We called him for a ride, and Evie got to have a little impromptu fishing time. If summer is like this, I'll take it!
 |
| What a beautiful place |
 |
| Nice catch! |
We had a perfect summer weekend, going to the Farmer's Market, celebrating cousin Kiera's graduation with a party and swimming on Saturday, and even more swimming and outdoor fun with Evie's buddy Annabel on Sunday. Noah got to enjoy the water and had lots of time to crawl around on the grass, which he loved. I don't think he ate any of it, either!
 |
| Stamping a bag at the farmer's market |
 |
| Dinner at the market |
 |
| Zehnacker family tradition - the graduation parade and song! |
 |
| Noah and Carly |
 |
| Evie and Annabel - how cute are they?! |
 |
| Bathing beauties |
 |
| Wild man |
 |
| He loves the sand and water table |
 |
| Grass is his favorite |
The hardest situations right now are anything quiet or where Noah has to be confined (ahem, church!). Lately, I have been wondering why we bother going since one of us spends half of the mass outside with Noah, and the rest of the time, he's eating cheerios that he dropped on the floor. At one point this past Sunday, Evie whisper-shouted to Matt, "Daddy, I think you should just take him out of here," as Noah screamed and crushed a Ritz cracker, showering cracker crumbs all over us and the pew.
Noah is a wild man, but we have done a lot of babyproofing so we can set him down and do a few things without worrying about him getting into trouble at home...um...er...kind of! Almost every cabinet has rubber bands or cabinet locks keeping it closed, but Noah still finds the open ones.
 |
| Just working at his workbench |
 |
| Matt's creative block building |
 |
| Evie and I working on our giant block creation |
 |
| Evie teaching Noah about the trash truck when it visits on Fridays |
P.S. The 1-2-3 Magic book is already seeming to help us with Evie's behavior. Let's hope the good trend continues!
No comments:
Post a Comment