 |
| He's already having fun on the trampoline |
I think I'd forgotten how busy 1-year-olds are, but I'm now recalling the 12-15 months stage as a very busy one with Evie, too. Noah is earning the title of Mr. Mischief most days, but especially on Friday morning, when we were playing outside and I was pulling a few weeds from the flower beds. He climbed up on the front porch, grabbed my coffee mug, and started splashing. Before I could get up there, my coffee was all over him, so I brought him back down to the grass (that had just been cut - oops!). The grass clippings stuck to his coffee-covered clothes, then he crawled onto Evie's sidewalk chalk art and had chalk all over his legs. There was nothing left to do except go straight to the bathtub! This is an illustration of life with Noah these days - it's always an adventure, and if he's quiet, we know there's trouble brewing. The best thing that I decided for the summer is to hire our 12-year-old niece to be a mother's helper one day a week! Gotta love having family around.
Consequently, the most relaxing things for me to do are either playing in the playroom (because it's baby-proofed) or playing/going for a walk outside. We were able to spend a lot of time at the pool with several friends and cousins this past week, which is also one of my favorite things to do. Evie has made some huge steps with her confidence in the water and now loves to put her face in and "swim underwater!"
 |
| First radish from the garden |
 |
Snuggles with the old hound dog
|
 |
| Walking date with Onyx. Noah is so bald! |
And, last but not least, we had a great time celebrating my cousin Liz's wedding over the weekend. She was a beautiful bride, and Evie was pretty convinced that Liz was a princess straight out of a Disney movie. Noah stayed home with Grandma Karen, so Matt, Evie and I were able to stay well past bedtime and enjoy the party.
 |
| 10pm crazy faces |
 |
| Recovering from a busy weekend! |
 |
| Also recovering? He is such a cute sleeper |
No comments:
Post a Comment