We wish Matt a very happy birthday today. His happy demeanor, humor, creativity and generosity make our home a happy one. Oh, and we think he's a pretty good drummer, too.
Evie was sick for most of the week last week, so things were pretty low-key. Lots of Caillou and Daniel Tiger. Fortunately it was just a cold, but she didn't feel like doing much and missed both days of school.
I will confess that we've started using the Nose Frieda to suck snots out of our sick kids noses (my apologies to the non-parents reading this). I was horrified by this concept before I tried it, and now I'm a changed woman. For kids who can't blow their noses (both of ours), this is a Godsend! Evie even asks for it!
Noah got his cast off yesterday, hooray! His bones are all healed, and it was so cool to see all the new bone that has grown in just 3 weeks on his x-ray. The only bummer is that he developed a rash behind his knee under the cast, so he's pretty uncomfortable from that. Hopefully in a few days he will be all better, because this mama can't stand much more sadness from her sweet boy.
And yes, we have moved his changing pad to the floor to prevent future mishaps!
Noah continues to be very interested in food. Not baby food, but my food. I think he's part Sea Gull, because I'm met with intense staring and squawking any time I eat in his presence. The more I share, the more he demands. This week, he has enjoyed oatmeal pancakes, multi-grain waffles, homemade cinnamon raisin bread toast, veggie straws, bell peppers, and I'm sure there are more things. I am on the hunt for more stick-shaped finger foods for him, so send me any suggestions you may have!
The wind chills have been relentlessly sub-zero for the better part of the past week, so we haven't been able to have our usual outdoor time. Even yesterday, we got a beautiful dumping of new snow, but the temperature hovered around 0 degrees all day with a wind chill around -15. Everyone is getting a little grumpy from all this indoor time, so we took a family outing to Starbucks and enjoyed watching the first half of the Super Bowl at Grandma and Grandpa's house over the weekend. My dad earned extra gold stars for holding Noah while I stuffed my face with food and beer enjoyed the game. We were still a little sad that the Colts didn't make it to the big game, so we wore our jerseys anyway!










No comments:
Post a Comment