Tuesday, February 24, 2015

9 Month Stats


Noah had his 9-month checkup last week and surprise, surprise, he's HUGE!

Height:  29.75 in (92%)
Weight: 22 lbs 3 oz (78%)
Head Circumference: 84%

Noah got a clean bill of health, and of course, Evie thought she needed a cupcake as a reward for being so good at Noah's appointment!  Dr. Hale did tell us that babies who are Noah's age don't really need to eat during the night.  Ahem, Noah, did you hear that?!  We have still been getting up 2-3 times at night with him, and the sleep debt has been causing me some serious brain fog.

Proof that I'm losing my mind!  (Or just stealing Evie's Valentine's candy when she is sleeping)
There was an essential oils demo at MOPS last week, and I took home a sample of lavender oil mixed with coconut oil to put on Noah's feet before bed.  It is supposed to have anti-infammatory, relaxing effects throughout the body.  I've been pretty desperate to improve our sleep situation, and I figured it was worth a try, but I didn't have any great expectations. The first couple nights we tried it, he only got up once, and Sunday night, he slept straight through until 5:30am!  I am still a little skeptical that this dramatic improvement is due to the lavender oil, but I'm going to keep doing it as long as it works.
After feeding himself a banana - yuck!
Enjoying one of his favorite breakfasts - buttered toast cut into sticks
We are also continuing to wish for some warm weather to whisk the germs away.  Evie had a cold/fever for most of the weekend, and I caught some icky stomach/fever bug over the weekend, as well.  I was having flashbacks to pregnancy when I had to get cozy with the toilet, and let me tell you, I don't miss that one bit.  I am feeling better now, and I am so grateful that Noah chose this weekend to start sleeping better.  Even though we were not feeling great, we got out and enjoyed the balmy 30-degree weather on Sunday!  Fresh air makes everything better.

Sick eyes
Sick day on the couch

Enjoying the nicest day we've had in a loooooong time
Yay for fresh air!
Despite feeling sick, Evie is very much the little care-taker.  She woke up on Sunday morning and wanted to surprise us by making breakfast.  Matt and I were laying in bed listening to all the clunking around in the kitchen and wondering what we would find when we got up.  I was amazed with her attention to detail, from my bowl of cereal with blueberries to Matt's peanut butter sandwich with OJ and milk, and she even put straws in all of our drinks for us.  I don't know what it was, but it was one of those proud mama/heart bursting out of my chest/tears in my eyes moments that she would go to all this effort for us when she wasn't even feeling well herself.  What a sweet girl we have!
Breakfast by Evie
She insisted on making my breakfast for me on Wednesday, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment