For a while, we have been trying to decide who Noah looks like. He doesn't look specifically like either one of us, but I think he bears more resemblance to Matt and looks nothing like me! What do you think?
 |
| Erin (4 months), Noah (4 months), Matt (7 months) |
Sleep training is not going great. We're still tired and waking up a lot at night. UGHHHHH! Good thing we wake up to this cute face every day.
We are trying different things in attempt to improve the sleep situation until we find something that works. One approach is starting solid food in hopes that Noah will feel a little more satisfied. He sucked on an apple slice without much interest, and then he DEVOURED some squash puree that we offered him. He even started yelling if we took too long in between bites. Evie loved helping to feed him!
 |
| Apple slice, ehhh |
 |
| Squash? |
 |
| Evie feeding Noah |
 |
| Squash-stache |
 |
| Getting messier |
 |
| Shouting for more! |
 |
| Content with his full belly |
We have had a few moments lately when Evie seems like such a big girl. She has been into playing "waitress", and she likes to make breakfast and serve it to us. Yesterday's menu included a peanut butter sandwich with strawberries and water (and yes, those are the lids to our pyrex bowls that she's using for plates!). I love seeing her generous and nurturing spirit when she does stuff like this, and even though I'm a cereal and milk kind of gal, I happily ate what I was served.

We went for a family hike and to the playground over the weekend, and Evie hiked/frolicked through the woods without complaint, despite the fact that she's fighting a cold. It wasn't long ago that she was still riding in the Ergo! We ended at the playground, where Evie was suddenly able to master a bunch of equipment that she was either too scared or too small to enjoy last time we were there. My proud mama heart was bursting as I saw how she was brave enough to climb up the biggest ladder, across the "wiggly things" and go down the big slide! Don't worry - despite all these big girl moments, we still have our share of strong-willed 3-year-old battles.
And, I just have to say that my kids are lucky to have a good dad. Matt was sick for one day over the weekend, and it quickly reminded me how lucky I am to have a partner to share the parenting load most of the time.
 |
| Tossing pizza dough |
 |
| Bath time |
 |
| Lego creations |
 |
| Bundling up the baby in the world's cutest bear suit |
 |
| Splashing in puddles |
Here's how we survived...a little crazy, but we managed!
 |
| Dress-up fun |
 |
| A huge thanks to Carly and Grandma for the help, too! |
No comments:
Post a Comment