Tuesday, October 28, 2014

5 Months Old!

Our "little" guy is 5 months old.  Wow.  I tried to get some 5-month pictures, and here's a collection of outtakes that represents his typical daily behavior.  He's grabbing at everything, rolling, and very curious about the world around him.  Maybe I've forgotten how hard babies are, but I will go out on a limb and say that Noah is a little bit harder of a baby than Evie was.  His spitting up episodes continue to keep us smelling like "cheese" (thanks for that term, Evie!), and he has periods when he cries, arches and acts like his tummy is bothering him.  I sometimes wonder if he has some reflux issues, but it has never been bad enough for us to seek medical help.  Oh, and let's not forget the lack of sleep at night!  On the flip side, Noah is a good napper during the day, he smiles easily, and he's happy to be passed around to anyone who wants to hold him (and isn't afraid of a little spit-up).  He's a sweet mommy's boy who loves to snuggle, and despite the challenges, I wouldn't trade him for the world.


In honor of his 5-month birthday, I scored a great deal on Craigslist and got Noah a "new" high chair!  We can't wait to use it!

Noah loves bath time, and we've been putting his baby tub in the big tub since he loves to splash so much.  Evie doesn't want to miss out on the fun, so she puts on her bathing suit and joins him for bath time now!  It's become one of my favorite times, because they both get giggling and I can't help but laugh with them.

In our ongoing quest for sleep, we have been putting Noah to bed in his crib at night.  It hasn't made a difference in our sleep until last night, when he slept from 12:30-6:45 without needing to be soothed or nursed.  Here's the irony of baby sleep: we tiptoe around and try to make things perfectly conducive for him to sleep...then the roofers showed up at 7:30 this morning and starting banging on the roof right over his head and he slept until 9:00!  The lesson I've learned is that maybe we're trying TOO hard!

Speaking of sleep, Noah and Evie were each made a beautiful hand-made quilt from a family friend this week.  We feel so fortunate to be surrounded by such generous people!
Modeling his hand-made sweater vest from Donna, too!

Here are a few other photos from the week:

Making pizza with Grandma
Feeding Noah...he doesn't seem to be enjoying it much!
Happy Fall!
Noah and Grandpa
A happy family walk...until Evie skinned her knee
Rainbow over Fox Run Road

No comments:

Post a Comment